Sunday, January 24, 2016

Silicone magic


Over the years, I NEVER washed the engine of my car and NEVER allowed any car washer to wash the engine compartment because I know car detergents (irrespective of what they tell you) will eventually make the rubber components (aided by engine heat) brittle. I instead used WD40 but when I can get my hands on it, I use silicone spray because I found silicone spray effectively softens hence preserves rubber components better. It cannot be found anywhere but at certain supermarkets and accessory shops probably because many people do not know how to use it. Some shops overcharge the imported ones so try to get the locally packaged ones. If you are lucky, sometimes you can get 2 spray cans sold as a cheaper package. If you are lazy to keep the engine compartment of your motorcycle clean, silicone spray is the best thing to use. Just spray liberally over the engine, especially rubber components then leave it alone. If your motorcycle was a bit dirty and you sprayed silicone over it, leave it overnight to dry only then wipe off the dirt the next day. Once cleaned, you may want to give it another coat of spray void of dirt and grime. Any brand will do, I used it over many years and as for its effectiveness, I swear by it.

No comments:

Post a Comment