Friday, March 4, 2016

No more free-play!


Since the third party handlebar grips were fitted, I noticed there was excessive free play but thought this was expected when third party grips were fitted, even the fitter did not say nor do anything about it. But when I checked with my salesman, he said excessive free play can be corrected by adjusting the cable screws. Since I did not know where that was, today I watched my regular mechanic pull the rubber sleeves below the throttle exposing the cable nut. He concentrated on the front nut later did some adjustments to the rear nut. After testing the throttle and satisfied, he then covered the nut back with the rubber sleeves. Simple but if I was not shown how, I'm sure I will be left puzzled where and which nut is it.

No comments:

Post a Comment