Saturday, February 27, 2016

Chain Wax


It's been a long time since I used this and whoooa what a difference. So smooth... My mechanic recommended once every fortnight and also if the chain came in contact with rain. At first, I sprayed the chain to loosen the harden grit and grime. Almost immediately, grime came out from grooves. Then as advised, I washed the chain with soap and water with a brush to get rid of the grit and grime to prevent it from eventually damaging the sprockets. After I sprayed water and let the bobber dry out in the sun, I gave the chain a generous squirt of spray. Later, I took the bobber round a few lanes then sprayed a bit to areas I missed out. The chain now feels like brand new just like an old door hinge treated with WD40. One of the mechanics, very-down-to-earth, said since my average speed on the highway is 85kph and I rarely touch 100kph, he said if I follow his recommendation of lubricating the chain every forthnight, he was confident the lifespan of my chain could easily hit 20,000km whilst the average rider replaces his at 15,000km, hence, he was against me upgrading my motor-chain.

No comments:

Post a Comment