Saturday, April 18, 2015

The relationship between Regal Raptor Bobber and MOMOS Bobber

Regal Raptor homepage
Chear Gobal Sdn. Bhd. factory at Puncak Alam
Chear Motors HQ, Klang
Wee Bikers Sdn. Bhd, Shah Alam

When I wanted to buy the Regal Raptor, I was confused why it was called 'MOMOS Bobber'. After making further enquiry, I found out:
  • LIFENG Group is the umbrella company while LIFENG itself manufactures Regal Raptor and sells them under different names.
  • Mofaz Motorcycles Sdn Bhd. (MOMOS) imports Regal Raptors from China as they hold the Approved Permits (AP).
  • Chear Global Sdn Bhd. (CGSB) and Mofaz Motosikal Sdn.Bhd. assemble the cruisers assembles the bike in Bandar Puncak Alam, Selangor.
  • Chear Motor Sdn. Bhd. from their HQ at Klang and branches elsewhere distributes the motorcycles.
  • Wee Bikers Sdn. Bhd., Shah Alam is just a motorcycle agent where I made my purchase. They offered to absorb the GST probably because they had difficulty selling it.
Having clarified all that, I found the average Joe goes blinkers when I answer their question  "What motorbike is that?" and I reply "MOMOS Raptor". So I reply to them with a more international name "Regal Raptor" and they still look lost

No comments:

Post a Comment