Wednesday, June 3, 2015

An accident prone area

As I start to familiarize myself with motorcycle lanes along Federal Highway, from Kuala Lumpur to Klang, I went along the motorcycle lane north of Section 15 Shah Alam at 30-40kph. Upon reaching the Petronas petrol station at 40kph, I am greeted by a sharp curve to the left. I slowed down to 30kph and gently tilt body but found it caused the foot stand to be lightly scrapped. Wow! The Bobber cannot be treated like a normal motorcycle. Immediately, less than 30 feet away comes a shocker...a 90 degree turn to the right. If you took that earlier turn fast you probably not have enough turning radius and may end up hitting the high brick wall. You have been warned! Bobbers and cruisers definitely must go real slow on this killer corner. The second 90 degree junction comes as one wants to go out. However it is not too bad since by that time, the cruiser rider would have much decreased his speed. Now I understand why big motorbikes are reluctant to use the motorcycle lane and prefer using the Federal Highway at least on certain stretch of the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment